Friday, December 17, 2010

Beauty

If you had a gorgeous figure that everyone desired or commended you with flattery, how do you really feel?
Walking down the street, I may notice a guy or a girl who's really attractive and then they open their mouths and speak and it feels like I just drank battery acid. The power of words. I've been so blessed that God has put a bit in my mouth when I see a really attractive guy. First acknowledging that the guy is attractive but then when I take it one step further. That's when that bit gets pulled and then I fight with my hormones or what my body counts as attractive and quickly line this person up with God's standards. To do that, I pay careful attention to the words that the person speaks. If those words don't give life and have no weight behind them, it's worthless wasting time devising a way to get this person interested in you. There lies the trap of mankind devising one of the ways to seek their own salvation and justification.  I laugh and I feel bad for that person at the same time, because the only thing that they have to measure their worth is based on their beauty. But Scripture has something different to say about beauty.


Proverbs 31:30
Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised.

1 Peter 3: 3-4
 3. Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as elaborate hairstyles and the wearing of gold jewelry or fine clothes.

4. Rather, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God’s sight.

I'm telling you when you see the great love that Jesus has for you. You realize that there's no mounds of compliments, accolades that the world can give you that will match up to Jesus. And if the world doesn't tell you that you're beautiful, just ask Jesus to show you. But if you don't and would rather run off and seek the temporal pleasures of this world, don't blame anyone else and don't ever blame God. You won't win that argument. But you are loved by a wonderful Creator, based your standards on God's standards not on this world that seeks after the next thing that can gratify itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment