Saturday, June 21, 2014

Future Spouse...Like a Hiring Manager, Right?

My first blog in over two years! Yikes! A lot has happened in that time. So reading the title of this blog post you're probably like what the heck is this girl talking about. For those of us singles, have you ever felt like trying to find your future spouse is like interviewing with a hiring manager?
I don't know if you're anything like me but I have always been that girl that told every guy that I have ever had a crush on that I liked them. I can almost name all of the guys that I've had crushes on and told them. Actually found a note I wrote to a guy asking him out in high school the other day. But everything I would always get rejected, except that one time....that didn't end well either. Yeah never mind I've gotten rejected every single time. I know what you're thinking, I should know better and if the donts pop into your mind, you're already ahead of me. But for those of us that didn't grow up being educated about how relationships are initiated, the kind of relationships that will land you your future spouse.
I hate when I get a crush on a guy. A crush is like going on a job interview. You do everything you can think of to prepare and set your best foot forward to impress the hiring manager so that you'll land the job. You nail the interview and you're now waiting for the phone call only to find out that someone else got the job.

Finding a future spouse can seem like that at times and it's a disheartening experience that can leave a lot of people jaded and hopeless. But God has wonderful intentions for marriage. if you're like me, stubborn and hard-headed.  You'd think I'd get this after the umpteenth rejection but noooo. It wasn't until a couple of weeks ago but The Lord opened the eyes of my heart to understand that my future spouse is not a hiring manager.  I don't know what's wrong with me and liking white guys who are younger than me. I'm turning into a cougar!!! LOL Turns out this gentleman has a girlfriend. Relationships and jobs, dealing with the what if's when it comes to people in these areas can be really unnerving when you're trying to land one. But what has helped me when it comes to crushes and not let my thoughts get all sorts of crazy is, remembering that God is going to be the one that moves his heart to see (desire) me. God will bring joy in this relationship, He will bring a purpose for the relationship, The Lord will provide the opportunities and the means for both parties to actually establish a relationship that will provide peace and trust in Christ. I won't have a desire to be in control but to relinquish control because God is working this out for my good and His glory. When I reason like this and I have to, cause my mind will go nuts if I don't; I find that it is so much easier to love my brother in Christ and see past the attraction and the initial things that us girls want to make us plan our weddings right away. I find it easier to listen to him, respect him, give God thanks for his obedience and faith in Christ. It helps me gain self-control and confront whether I'm loving him or loving myself. I'm finally at a point where I'm like God you do it, get me out of the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment