Friday, December 17, 2010

Money-The Relationship Denter

So I was reading an article on CNN Money website called "What Spouses Keep from Each Other." Money plays a huge factor in relationships.  I'm guilty of this, hiding purchases from your partner is a big no-no. After reading the article I realized that this was an area that I needed to work on. I struggle with this as a single, but I see now that I don't want this habit going into a future relationship.

If you want to go one step further, I have to ask myself how is my giving to the Lord?  Am I cheerful giver? A giver to appease God? or do I just not give at all because I forget to? These are important questions to ask because it reveals how do I line up my money matters with the Lord. I confess that I have some habits and attitudes that need to be changed. I'm sure I'm not the only one who struggles with this and I certainly can't make any excuses.

We're such an affluent society and the temptation to spend and to spend on self is so tempting. The amount of debt, I'm not even going to mention statistics, everyone has some kind of debt that they're trying to pay off. Money is a weak area for me in my faith. God in His great mercy has bailed me out so many times and yet I still mess up. In no way shape or form, should that be used to judge someone because I have not yet mastered making wise money choices. I'm getting there and I believe that wise counsel in love really goes a long way to building the right habits about money.

I know that if I get married, I definitely don't want to be in charge of finances.  I am grateful to God for showing me where I am weak. I need His help to keep me away from those things or providing a suitable support system or better yet help me to overcome it. So I'm hoping my future husband is stern in regards to money and that God gives him the financial wisdom in that matter. At the root of my money issues and the desire to spend, is am I content in the Lord with my finances? See Jesus pulls and stretches all the time especially when you think you have one area down, He reminds that there's another area that needs working on. Jesus wants me to be content with Him in all areas of my life. That's why Jesus has to do this, not me, because it'll be an epic fail if I try to do it on my own. Sighs Praise God for giving me His Son and Jesus giving me His Spirit. Because of God I won't trampled on by Satan. I will overcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment