Friday, December 17, 2010

Because of Jesus

For the last few months I had been hoping to write blogs geared towards relationships and how to strive for sexual purity. I haven't given any how-to tips or demonstrations. A lot of what I've written has come from the wisdom of the Holy Spirit. But over and over again as I am growing in my faith and walk with the Lord, I'm blown away and saddened when I don't see God glorified in relationships. These guys are missing out on the joys and blessings that come from pursuing Him in their relationships.

Just the other day I asked myself this question: How can two people claim they love each other but when they're facing a divorce, they inflict so much damage to each other? Sometimes I think human beings are much destructive than an atom bomb. Why God loves me especially when I'm 100% capable of tremendous evil?  Jesus opened my eyes, and for all of eternity I will be thanking Him for giving me a new life and a new spirit.

It's laughable that some people jump into marriage just for marriage. A friend of mine once mentioned to me that marriage is for true Christians. It's a bold statement right, but one that may have some merit if closely examined and where the root is found. Two unsaved people and two saved people have different motives when they're married. The unsaved is all about me, the saved it's all about Christ and their dependence on Him.

When you belong to Jesus everything is much more special especially when He gets you to the place where you can truly say that He's your treasure. I get excited about marriage being a Christian because I don't have to do anything except follow the Lord. But I mean, I don't have to read books about how to get a man, what clothes to wear that will draw his eye to me, altering my body to be more attractive, or using my beauty for all the other wrong and selfish destructive reasons. The fact that 75% of the guys that I would normally go far, God's already weeded them out. So in that 25% is the guy that God has specificially chosen for me. That is the coolest thing ever because God is one at work. Just thinking about this I'm so excited because that's what being in the Lord's care does for you. He protects you and wraps you in His love. And He does give the best gifts. Oh yeah, I'm so happy I belong to Jesus and no matter how much I struggle with this sin nature, I'm still His. One day soon sin will exist no more and I and the saints will exist with Christ for all eternity. Jesus that I belong to, created the world, created me, gives me food and shelter, gave me new life in Him. He does this for all of His beloved.

I can't decide whether I'm going to do backflips on the day He returns or fall down at His feet in tears. Whatever is capable of me giving Him praise on that day, so be it. But if you don't know Jesus, that Day is going to the worse day of your life. Jesus the King is going to execute His righteous judgment on the wicked. He is going to fight for His beloved children and the best part is that He's won. That's what I can make my boast in Jesus, in Jesus alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment