Friday, December 17, 2010

Christmas: Jesus Christ, the Son of God Has Come to Save

This holiday season I've been having a difficult time getting excited about Christmas and the joy that comes at this time of year. I found myself becoming more and more frustrated at how much the world pays no attention to what the true meaning is. At least that's what was bothering me when I listened to the songs that kept playing on the radio. It also bothered me that so many unsaved people give no thought to the concern of their souls. All of these frustrations made one thing clear: Jesus was born to die for me.

I couldn't make sense of the birth of Jesus until I looked at His Resurrection. I had to look at who I was and all of mankind, sinners deserving of God's full wrath. But that God would send a Savior; Jesus would leave the fellowship of the Spirit and the Almighty God to come down to a sin-filled world that despised Him. That Jesus would come before my lifetime, open my eyes and show me the wonders of who He is.

So many things we try to find satisfaction in but in Christ alone, that's the only place where true joy is found. Christmas to this world is just another holiday about presents, the one time families will be nice to each other just for the sake of being nice. The greatest gift that anyone who is alive right now from the unborn child to the dying should realize that they've been given; is that a sinless Savior has bore the weight of our sins and took the punishment for us. No other love compares to the love of Jesus. When you stand before Him, you will not have any excuse to say that no one loves you because Jesus has been with you all along if only we'd look.

Praise the Father for sending His Son to die for the sinful man. This Christmas remind us of your love because we are prone to wonder and we easily forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment