Friday, August 12, 2011

When You Fail

Psalm 51:3-4 ESV

For I know my transgressions,

and my sin is ever before me.

Against you, you only, have I sinned

and done what is evil in your sight,

so that you may be justified in your words

and blameless in your judgment.

For a while I've encouraged in my blogs to persevere in sexual purity. What a difficult task it is and I admit, you will fail, maybe once or multiple times, but you will fail.

When David sinned with Bathsheba, immediately he knew who He had sinned against, God. Nothing is more sobering and humbling than when the reality of this hits you like a ton of bricks. It hurts and it hurts deeply.

But nothing is more sweeter than a heart that truly repents from sin. Immediately God does not leave you to fend for yourself. In the most difficult sin area that you struggle with, I tell you when you realize how bad you've hurt him, just as quickly before you can blink, grace and love are right at your door.

Shame wants to tell you to run and hide especially away from God's household but He is stronger and it is in the love of the saints through the power of Christ, His Spirit shows just how much love does cover a multitude of sins.

It is in His grace and love, shame can't even stand because it is that same love displayed through the saints that humbles the heart and allows God to work.

The robbery of stealing something that should be held sacred. I honestly do not know how unbelievers go around being sexually immoral and their hearts aren't being twisted into knots. That's when you realize that you really are His child.

It is going to be a fight to the end with sin, but the victory has already been won, do not lose hope.

Remember:

1. Confess and truly repent of your sin.
2. Christ bore the weight and guilt of your sin, He is advocating for you.
3. Find select people that you trust that will give you solid Biblical counsel to keep you accountable but also to help devise a plan of action to put in place when the temptation arises.
4. Ask yourself what lie am I believing? What do I believe about God? Examine the lie and what God says who He is?
5. You can't save yourself.

2 Corinthians 12:9 ESV

But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

This is hope of Christ that rests in you. Be encouraged when you fall.

Any recommendations to help combat sexual temptation would be tremendously welcomed.

No comments:

Post a Comment