Friday, March 25, 2011

Crushing on the Unrepentant - Repentance Pt. 2


It is a very scary thing to trust and believe 100% in the work of Christ Jesus because I have no absolute control over the outcome of the matter. I groan, whimper and find myself restlessly waiting for God to bring me that godly man. Soon it hits me that I should be acting this very same way in regards to Jesus, as I am eagerly waiting and groaning anticipating His return. It sucks waiting for what seems like a really long time but I don't think there are enough words to describe what they day will be like. Both when I get to say my "I do's" and when the King makes His entrance.

Knowing that this desire is such a difficult struggle for me, meditating on this, how am I going to endure until that day comes? I quickly realize that I can't win this battle on my own willpower and how desperately I need the Lord's help. Suddenly I am tremendously thankful and I remember, that I have a Helper, a Comforter, I'm not in this by myself. Jesus is not leaving me out to fend for myself.

It would be nice to have that guy but when I weigh the pros and cons in godliness, he doesn't look so desirable after all. The heart is so deceptive, I want my fill of mud pies instead of the waiting for the wedding cake that God's making. I just see how completely helpless, hopeless and destructive I would be if I were left to my own devises.

I count the sweet blessings of God's discipline because the Spirit will not make me find any comfort in these schemes of mine. Not even an ounce of satisfaction He allows me to have, pretty soon I get the picture. The hardest part and the challenge that God puts on my heart is instead of seeking my lustful desires and what glory I want for myself. Repenting of this sin first and foremost, God begins to change my heart and eyes to pray for the unrepentant crush. Prayer that God would be merciful to save and change His life. Surrendering this desire over to God and leave it at His feet and move on in the pursuit of holiness. That is true freedom from the power of sin; trusting in and walking in the saving grace of Christ, that is true freedom indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment